Saturday, April 11, 2015

Her own language

"Hanny na na," says my daughter, who is just shy of 2 years old.

That means Halloween.

"Hama ni mani," she says.

That means Susquehanna.

"Howbop," she says.

That is short for "How 'bout them Cowboys?" It's also become the term for the Cowboys.

"Ra ra," she says

That means Ravens.

"Oh wals," she says.

That means Orioles, hon.

"Bigabba gabba goes," she says.

That means Peppermint Kandy Kids, what has become her favorite album.

"Mina mina," she says.

That means Grandma, my mother-in-law.

"Danny," she says.

That means Granny, my mother.

"Gockyew," she says.

That means glasses.

"Awk a gawk," she says.

That means Local on the 8s.

"Pee que," she says.

That means pictures, usually those on an iPhone.

"Tatee," she says.

That means Sophie, her name.

"I ee ee," she says.

That's the most important one. I means, "I love you."

I ee ee, Tatee.

No comments:

Post a Comment